Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 243: "You don't need Carol Anne! I can lead you into the light."

There's honestly only so much I can say about really bad movies.  The higher the number after the title, the worse the movie generally is, and in the case of Poltergeist 3, it's triply true.  There are no insults I can possibly hurl that would not be a repeat of something said about any other atrocious movie, so I will abstain, and make this a short, sweet diatribe.  This was crap of the highest order.  There is nothing that can possibly be said to redeem any part of this movie.  I hated everything about it.  In order to keep Carol Ann away from the creepy Reverend Kane, Her parents send her away to live with her aunt and uncle in a Chicago highrise.  The plan fails, Kane gets her, ghosts are everywhere, and most shockingly, everyone involved has the nerve to be surprised.  UUGH.....

Tom Skerritt, Nancy Allen, Zelda Rubenstein, and a very young Lara Flynn Boyle star here, not that it makes the movie any better.  Heather O'Rourke returns, again, as Carol Ann, only her innocent charm from the first movie is long gone, and she is just awful.  Perhaps the most tragic thing about this movie was that O'Rourke died from a mysterious illness as principle photography was wrapping up; either that or she died of shame.

It's been a while since I've subjected myself to a truly horrible movie, so I guess I had this coming.   Poltergeist 3 is terrible from beginning to end and not worth even considering as an entertainment option.  Burn every copy you can find.  0/10.

See you tomorrow, and GO WATCH A MOVIE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment